Community Based Victim Services
CBVS provides the following support and advocacy.
Emotional support Information about:
- The dynamics of abuse
- The Criminal Justice System
- Updates on police and court files and Community Resources
- Safety planning
- Accompaniment to file a police report
- Liaising with Crown Counsel
- Court orientation and court accompaniment for Criminal Court
- Assistance with applications to the Crime Victims
- Assistance Program
- Explanation of Victim Impact Statements
- Assistance in securing a translator
- Referrals to community resources
Our team also provides assistance and information about third party reports. A third party reports allows adult victims of sexual assaults to make a report to the police anonymously. For more information please contact our CBVS program.
This program accepts self-referrals and referrals from other community services.